Organic, Soil association sertificate
Evening Primrose is a common wildflower found in North and South America. It is a two-year plant. In old times, the flower was unique for its medical and healing power for skin. Evening primrose was brought to Europe in XII century as a plant curing many diseases. It was named the evening flower because it blooms just in the evenings. The oil is cold-pressed.
Evening primrose oil contains up to 25% essential fatty acids, among them - linoleic acid (LA) and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). These acids belong to omega-6 fatty acids. Indispensable polyunsaturated omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are essential for many metabolic processes; a source of energy, inhibits inflammation, affects blood clotting and blood pressure and strengthens the immune system. Moreover, the oil, among other useful materials, contains vitamin E a strong antioxidant that affects the elasticity of skin.
The benefit of Primrose oil:
- The oil prevents prematurely aging, wrinkles, nourishes and moisturizes the skin;
- Improves skin metabolism, protects skin from harmful environmental effects;
- Treats different skin disorders, such as dermatitis, psoriasis, inhibition of allergic skin reactions, eczematous type of skin damage, reduces skin redness and itching.
- Improves hair, nail growth and nourishes it.
- The oil balances oily skin;
- Evening primrose oil is soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- The oil strengthens skin barrier functions - reduces moisture loss from skin cells.
- Normalizes and maintains a normal menstrual cycle, reduces premenstrual symptoms (breast tenderness, pain, irritability, mood swings, etc.) and menopausal complaints;
- Evening primrose oil is effective in healing breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, heart diseases, pregnancy-induced hypertension, attention deficit or hyperactivity disorder and asthma.
Attention! Evening primrose oil should be kept refrigerated to help prolong shelf life. Keep from direct sunlight.